Sunday, March 25, 2012

Class 1: SwimFit

As I mentioned the other day, I'm going to take a whole lot of classes at my gym, the YMCA in Silverdale.  Tomorrow I'm starting with SwimFit, which the notes on the schedule describes thusly, "SwimFit is a registered proram that provides guided workouts and swimming instruction for all levels of lap swimmers, triathletes and open water swimmers.  These workouts include lap swimming, cross fitness and dry land components."

When I've been swimming laps, I've noticed this class from time to time and it struck me as something I might enjoy since it combines swimming with, well, other forms of exercise.  Though a swimmer, one dedicated to the all-around, low-impact benefits of lap swimming, I've always found it colossally boring.  So mixing in some dry land activities in there has a lot of appeal.

So, that's my plan for tomorrow morning.  We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment